The Parish Council of the Parish of East Maitland without dissent advises the Bishop of Newcastle that it stands with the Bishop and Synod in:
- apologising unreservedly to those who have been harmed by sexual abuse perpetuated by people holding positions of power and trust in the Church;
- committing to listen to survivors of abuse to respond with compassion to all those who have been harmed;
- committing to deal appropriately, transparently and fairly with those accused of abuse and negligence;
- pledging to work to be a church that is safe for all people;
- being determined to take actions of integrity, transparency, accountability and respect.
27th April 2016